The Technical Communication Summit is the annual conference for STC. The #STC17 Summit was May 7-10, 2017 at the Gaylord Resort at National Harbor in Washington, DC.
- The 2017 theme was ‘Gain the Edge to Get Results’ and spanned more than 75 different sessions during the conference.
- The San Diego Chapter won Most Improved Community!
- Browse through all the #STC17 Tweets.
These topics either had multiple sessions or a lot of interest among conference attendees.
- Strategies for Introverts
- Terminology management and translation memory
- DITA – Even if you don’t have the business case to implement DITA, more people are catching on that you can apply DITA principles to non-DITA setups, a.k.a. structured authoring.
- Analytics & Reporting – TechComm is paying more attention to content analytics, well beyond just article feedback and ratings.
- Journey Mapping – Capturing customer interactions has been around for a while, but this specific methodology is getting extra attention lately.
- Accessibility and ADA Compliance – This is starting to get more attention from a content-perspective.
- Agile Writing – 4 different sessions explored this topic.
Originally posted for STC San Diego: 2017 Technical Communication Summit Summary